We are looking for a Head of EEA Compliance who can build up our compliance function in Estonia, where we applied for the license at the Financial Services Authority (“FSA”), covering all Funderbeam business activities inside the EEA.
Funderbeam is a platform that allows investors to fund and trade promising growth companies all over the world. For the first time, investors can invest in growing companies and choose not just how much to invest, but how long to hold on to their investment. You can learn more at www.funderbeam.com
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for an experienced Head of EEA Compliance who would have the challenge to set up our Compliance function in Estonia. Functions would include responsibility for the day-to-day compliance operations of Funderbeam including the oversight, management and the implementation of the firm’s regulatory policies and procedures, as well as compliance with all applicable laws and regulations including Anti Money Laundering and Transaction Surveillance Monitoring.
You will be working together closely with senior managers in the company and advise relevant teams in compliance matters, coordinate and liaise closely with various business functions, and be a trusted advisor in helping the firm navigate its business activities in the EEA.
We are looking for someone that is looking to grow into an international business and can identify and implement needed improvements in the business.
Your main responsibility is to build up the compliance function in Estonia. You should be a self-starter, and expected to take the lead and ensure we have the appropriate compliance structures set up to comply with the applicable laws and regulations in the EU.
- Set up a Compliance function in Estonia
- Create and improve different Policies & Procedures
- Risk Management
- Establish and carry out area-specific trainings
- Regulatory Change by regularly review developments in regulatory requirements applicable to the firm and maintain an understanding of potential future legislative developments
- Maintenance of Compliance Register
- AML responsibilities
- Transaction Surveillance Monitoring responsibilities
Key experience + skills:
- Background within Financial industry and preferable within investment community
- Experience and ability to negotiate and make decisions at all levels
- Excellent organizational skills required for handling a high volume of work with attention to detail
- Previous experience or work with the Financial regulator
- Ability to make decisions including both regulatory and commercial factors, and the confidence to advise senior management and the Board on recommended actions
- Ability to identify risks and appropriate mitigating controls for the business
- Communication skills
- Team player
- Fluency in English (written and spoken)
What do we offer you?
- You’ll be working with a top-notch team. We don’t compromise when it comes to hiring
- A competitive salary and inspiring atmosphere with supportive co-workers
- Autonomy, excellent exposure to management, input into company direction, ideas, and growth
- Opportunity to participate in Funderbeam’s employee option scheme
Please apply via our HR platform Bamboo using this link: https://funderbeam.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=5
The role will be filled at the earliest convenience
If you have any questions, you can ask our HR Manager Catriin on firstname.lastname@example.org. Please use the subject line Head of EEA Compliance
Learn more about us: www.funderbeam.com